Issues related to mental health don't leave the student when they enter the classroom. Counseling for school-related issues transcends the walls of the classroom and examines students as holistic beings that enter the classroom and the world with a unique set of strengths and talents that can be used to overcome mental health challenges they may be facing.
How can school counselors make a difference?
- Listen without judgment to students' concerns
- Try to maintain confidentiality as much as possible while maintaining their code of ethics
- Help students with anxiety, depression, trauma and addiction, and anger management
- Good sounding board for family issues
- Help students navigate relationship issues
- Advocate for students
Here at Madrigal, we are committed to addressing school-related issues in a holistic manner.
*This information was adapted from Counseling.org. Click here to learn more information.*